Version 1.6 - Full and Sponsored Edition - August 3, 2010
BoinxTV version 1.6 dramatically improves overall stability. We worked very hard on improving memory management. Due to major under-the-hood changes in Mac OS X Snow Leopard we had to rewrite major parts of the application in order to still fit into the memory limit.
Also included are new features like a new template suitable for recording conference sessions, new layers and many other improvements.
Finally, if BoinxTV or your computer misbehave while you are recording, you can now restore the recorded movie up to a few seconds before the unexpected end.
If you experienced problems with older versions of BoinxTV you should really give this version another try!
- BoinxTV 1.6 requires Mac OS X v10.5.8 with QuickTime 7.6.6 installed. Mac OS X v10.6.3 or later is strongly recommended.
- Added template "Conference Recording" that demonstrates how to use BoinxTV for recording typical conference sessions using two cameras and a source for slides.
- New layer "Session Intro" that can be used as opening credits when recording conference sessions or similar events.
- Added layer "Placer with Distortion" that allows you to place a source in an area defined by 4 arbitrary screen points. This is very useful, e.g., for placing movies inside an area of a background image.
- Removed the option to display the user timeline in the Twitter layer as this no longer possible using the current technology. Twitter has changed their APIs.
- The Twitter layer should no longer stop updating!
- The Crawl layer now always starts from the beginning when switching it on.
- Added iPhone 4 artwork as option in the iPhone Demo layer.
- Rare crashes in text crawler and Twitter layer.
- The Axis camera layer now works on Mac OS X v10.5.8
- Images coming out of the chroma key filter should no longer be blurry.
- Recordings made with BoinxTV are now being stored in a visible document ending with the suffix "tvrecording". In case of a crash during the recording these files remain on disk and can be double clicked to restore them. BoinxTV will try to read the file and show you the recorded movie. Click "Recover Recording" to have BoinxTV store the result in a QuickTime Movie file with the same name in the same location. After that you may close the window and delete the "tvrecording" file from disk.
- The preference pane "Sharing" has been renamed to "Export" and contains a new option to NOT automatically show the export window after recording a movie. You can always export/share later by choosing File > Export Recording…
- Added entries to access recently recorded movies to the action menu in the export/share window. This is especially useful in combination with the above mentioned feature.
- In order to help you discover memory problems with very large documents earlier on we added a warning to the top display. You won't notice a change until there is less than 1.5GB of free application memory for the application. The color of the display changes from green to yellow (1GB of free memory) and finally to red (750MB). Once it turns yellow you should no longer add layers or sources to your document. Once it turns red you should try to finish your work, save your document and quit BoinxTV before it hits the memory limit and crashes.
- Prevent creating or opening of additional documents when memory gets too full.
- Looping movies play looping audio.
- Rare crash with source placeholder animation.
- Undo could go really bonkers in certain cases.
- Potential freeze when opening damaged documents.
- Corrected an issue with opening and closing multiple documents.
- Setting an input image to "None" was not restored correctly when opening a saved document.
- Prevented a crash that sometimes could occur when resetting the categories in the layer/sources library or clearing the search field.
- If the movie recording destination set in the preferences is no longer available BoinxTV will now record to the default location (Movies folder) instead of silently failing. When opening a document with a recording destination set that no longer exists you will be alerted to that fact.
- Stopping preview movie while layer is live.
- Movie frame buffer increase when used by covered layer.
- Minimized memory usage of movie sources.
- Improved performance and stability of layers using shaders (e.g. Crawl, Presenter, Single Video, Twitter and Sidebar)
- Freeze when copy and pasting and collapsing entries in the parameter view.
- Video-Memory leak with random occurrences when adding moving or deleting layers.
- Video-Memory leak when hiding image previews in layer parameter editor
- Tries to improve synchronisation with Blackmagic Decklink hardware, thereby causing better framerates in SD resolution.
- Reducing memory footprint while loading documents.
- Improved overall stability.
- Minor bug fixes
- A few more tweaks here and there.
- Preview of movies shows the same position as output if the movie is live